Friday, September 15, 2006

Serge Gainsbourg


In scrolling through google images I came across this pic, photoshopped by a french person, with the caption, "Ou etait King Kong?"

Which, to the non-francophones, means, "Where was King Kong (on 9.11)?"

I cannot answer that question, but I can point out that this picture serves as a perfect metaphor for something occurring in mine own life - I will be hitting that famed city of blogs, New York City, right in the mouth, at some point during the week of September 18th - 22nd. I am visiting an old friend who is going to show me cool shit and instruct me on the ways of urban goodness. Like Kong, I am a hairy beast intent on destruction, and will be, like the Muppets, taking Manhattan. And it may not be a consensual taking.

Should any of you N.Y. blog folk desire to buy me drinks, trinkets, or otherwise, drop me an email or comment. I'm also available to speak at public schools, art gallery openings, college lectures (more toward the graduate students), NYU, RISD, Harvard, NOW, MADD, and, of course, AA. And AAA. And single A, but the minor leagues are called such for a reason.

7 Comments:

Blogger copyranter said...

what about AAAA?
(American Association of Ad Agencies)

09:26  
Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Enjoy your trip. NYC is a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there! I know, because I lived in NY for two years and I now live in Oregon and I'm never fucking moving!

10:28  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hey!!! Hope you have a wonderful visit, I just know you will...I hope you meet up with blog pals and take lots of photos? What about Angela/high class jack ass? Are you all gonna have an evening of debauchery? Let us know all the details!

Have a great trip Mister Adventure!

06:50  
Blogger David said...

Why yes, The AAAA as well. Also, the JPF, and, of course, the PFJ.

That's the Judean People's Front, and, of course, the People's Front of Judea.

So far, however, I am only the recipient of one lecture, from a pizza guy in the Lower East Side, who told me "In Manhattan, you will find new friends everywhere you go. You'll set out alone, next thing you know, BOOM, three, four new friends. And once you have the pizza," he added, placing the slice in front of me, "You'll never want to leave. Are you willing to take that risk?"

"Yes," I replied, and took the slice. Pretty fucking good shit, I must say.

I'm hoping the new friends are hot, swinging embodiments of ladylove, but we'll see what happens.

08:09  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

hey will you be here next friday, we're having a NYC bloggers get together involving much imbibing. We are a reckless crew my friend.

13:11  
Blogger David said...

Sadly, I am already out of the confines of your fine city.

I am, however, still waiting for my T-Shirt, Slinkmeister.

18:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, will you come lecture at my support group, ADD? It's for victims of Attention Deficit--oh, look, a really big monkey on a building!

21:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home