Thursday, August 17, 2006

Return to the City of the King


The greatest flight in America: Southwest Airlines, San Diego Lindbergh Field to Las Vegas McCarron International - 45 to 65 minutes, depending on wind, zeal, and the wide-ranging and oft ignored ball bearing factor.








'Twas Tuesday eve I boarded the young colt, eyes betraying dollar sign envisioning ambition, waiting with gusto the opportunity I had long envied:





The drinking of an airplane beer.


Yes, I went with the Heineken, over several other domestic suitors, whose favor I would usually deign to attract and reward.


I jest. My real reason for such a mid-week escapade was due to matters of a more, daresay, judicious nature.












From out of the desert I journeyed, from the mountains, to the foothills..













.. to the Heart of the City of Sin, Las Vegas. That's Nevada, folks.


You see, my discriminatory tastes were needed as a judge at the Bikini Cup, an herbal tasting presented annually, courtesy of High Times Magazine. Boldly supporting Glass Art, Contemporary Tobacco Accessories, and Love for all humankind.








Not only did I get to play a very nice, unphotographed white piano, but all who attended received party bags, filled with excellent gift swag.



The contents of mine own.















Oh, what's that I hear? Where did I stay the night, you demand? Gathered masses, first, I demand thee huddle closer and hearken, nay, heed these words: The Motel Villa Roma. $35 a night. On a Tuesday. Across the street from the Stardust. Rated "One Star" by Expedia.

I rate the interior room quality at least 5.7 - 6.3 out of a straight 10. But still, a solid 6. Won't impress a girl, though.

.. but then again, that's why you're paying her $500 for the night!

(Ba dum dum CRASH!)

I jest again, Dear Reader. But I did make the Stardust Roulette Table pay my $41 Two Day Airport Parking Fee.

7 Comments:

Blogger copyranter said...

remember: your swag bag is subject to IRS taxation.

07:58  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

southwest gives you THAT instead of peanuts? Thems are some friendly skies!

09:56  
Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

i love pot.

11:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice schwag!

14:28  
Blogger K said...

Your life is awesome and I want it.

18:10  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

You know you always bring tears to my eyes when you take photos of your beer.

Ah Heineken, yum!

Sounds like a Hunter S.Thompson affair, I'm very impressed.

13:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apropos of nothing in particular. . .

To the Virgos, to Make Much of Time
by Robert Herrick


GATHER ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old time is still a-flying :
And this same flower that smiles to-day
To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer ;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may go marry :
For having lost but once your prime
You may for ever tarry.

HB2U.

10:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home