Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Sad, Sad Truth - The Dirty Lowdown.

So just what the fuck have I been doing that's been SOOO important, keeping me away from blogging these past, er, 16 days? Well, Dear Reader, I've been having..









Meetings with Remarkable Men...













.. like this man, Boz Scaggs.






To back track, one of the things I have been doing in this, the greatest of gaps, has been playing with my new computer - one of the Sony Vaio laptops, only with a Mother Fucking 17" monitor.


Yes, It fucks Mothers.


Also, because I tried to interface my I Pod with my new computer, I wiped the whole fucking thing out.

And I am one of those who loaded his ENTIRE CD collection onto his I Pod, because, well, I could, and, frankly, I'm anal like that.

Apples, Macintosh, whatever - you can all lick a dick. I'm a PC guy, always have been, longtime BBS SysOp geekness manifested through my first babe, a 386-16 MHz Bad Ass Virgin Violating Fucker of all that Receives.

Incidentally, as a grown man, that is now my currect nickname.

So, I now have 16 total songs on the Pod - down from 2200 plus - mainly consisting of Jeff Buckley's "Grace album" (just bought it for the first time, pretty fucking good), a Chris Whitley tune, Boz Scaggs, "Lowdown," and my favorite, "Lido Shuffle."

Also just downloaded Janis Joplin's "Get it While You Can," my favorite Janis performance - and basically the only one I can tolerate after listening to her greatest hits tape as an apprentice glassblower OVER and OVER since one of the girls working there liked to hear it.

Also I did some Bikram Yoga today for the first time. Shit was mad hot.

Also, I've been doing the mother fucking New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle..

.. From July 26.

But look how much of this mother fucker I have filled in!

I make myself get at least one clue a day. Except on those days where I don't fill in any fucking thing. It's sat bedside since the very Sunday whence twas printed. Getting "Arthur Conan Doyle" was the highpoint. "Elvis Aaron Presley" came instantly - I felt the presence (and, thusly, the prescience) of the King, and he ordained his grace through mine own pen - the ink, his lifeblood.

Also notice the top where I spelled out the word "Racoon" four different ways trying to figure out if it had two c's, one o, good christ.

Feel free to help a brother out.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10D Poirot
106A Laurence Olivier

21:48  
Blogger David said...

"Herculean!!!!"

That motherfucking Agatha Christie.

And I'll be damned if motherfucking "Wuthering Heights" isn't my favorite fucking book of all time.

Heathcliff. Damn.

22:18  
Blogger Matt Brand said...

give a listen to Boz' "Down Two then Left" - the album after "Silk Degrees" (with Lido and all those). Weird title but some of his best work!

05:33  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Is 61 Mellissa Etheridge?

Nice work I love crosswords. And NYTs is a stumper I'm pretty imressed.

Wuthering Heights is in my top five favourite novels of all time. Curious about the other four?

Blood Meridian, David Copperfeild, A Confederacy of Dunces and Franny and Zooey...

I understand that people are either pc or mac...I like pc for games obviously...but mac is just better for art and film making. I have a friend who works at a particle accelerator(yes, really, in Vancouver) and he says "no self-respecting scientist would be caught dead using a mac.

But still...I can't help but think it wasn't the iPods fault but your pcs fault.

Having said that, and provbably earning your ire...I like the Sony laptop very much. slick. I might also take it as a sign from the goddesses that maybe you needed to listen to some different music than your cd collection, change it up a bit.

anyways, wonderful to see you back and at it and to it.

cheers,
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

06:02  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Oh sorry 61 is so not Mellissa Etherisge.

06:04  
Blogger David said...

Minx -

I blame Apple, creator of Ipod, for limiting your pod's ability to interface completely with all computers, since they're SOOO concerned about music piracy.

Sure, I know it's ultimately my fault, as I could have back door loaded the pod as a separate drive, but should I really need to go that far? And shouldn't I have gotten a better warning message?

But you are correct - I am only loading new music on there, no old CDs - a change in mojo.

07:04  
Blogger copyranter said...

Lido Shuffle is killer. Never get tired of it. I guess you'll be testing that out yourself now.

09:28  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I'm liking that sound of the change in mojo!!!

Hugs,
Candy

21:08  
Blogger concha said...

ewww. PCs smell like dirty diapers.

;)

21:57  
Blogger dancing at gunpoint said...

I can usually finish a NY Times crossword puzzle on the subway on my commute home. I commute to South Korea, but still. . .

07:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh christ..."lido shuffle" played incessantly on my school buses radio system during 8th grade.

thanks for making it play over and over and over again in my head.

crossword puzzle keep one young! haha...;-)

08:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home