Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 - Whoop That Trick

Yes, I have been away for quite awhile.

But, you see, there was this thing happening, in early-mid September. An anniversary, an event, that only occurs once in a lifetime. And the only, well, appropriate analogy to draw, would be with, of course, my friend and yours, 9/11.

So take the first tower, and let's call it my youth.

And that second tower, well, we'll call that innocence.

The planes can be whatever you want them to be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, On 9/10, the eve of the Fifth Anniversary of 9/11, I turned 30 years old.

To paraphrase my old friend Meredith, I am now the dirty old man she always knew I'd grow up to be.

4 Comments:

Blogger a_dog's_life said...

Happy Birthday!

08:36  
Blogger copyranter said...

you'got THREE good reasons to get drunk on your b-day. I'm jealous.

09:37  
Blogger David said...

Yes, I do have THREE good reasons to get drunk: A Dog's Life, Virgle Kent, and Copyranter. Life is an interesting amalgam of greatness, and you three, along with Gin and Herbal Medicine, have conspired to make this moment in time just damned fucking sweet.

Thank you all.

20:17  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Happy birthday David!!! Sorry I missed this post last week!

I can imagine it must be weird to have your birthday so close to such a sad event and anniversary.

Well, have a happy new life as a dirty old man...and I hope you got lots of cougar action in your youth as that is long behind you as well now that you are thrity!!!

06:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home