Wednesday, January 17, 2007

In Honor of William "The Refridgerator" Perry, I give you...


POST # 72!!




Figured I'd make this my music post for the year. All I gotta say is, look at song number 20 on my top 25 most played list. It's not a comprehensive list, but apparently I do listen to a lot of Jeff Buckley, Serge Gainsbourg, Boz Scaggs, and, er, alright, I'm a fucked up dude.

But as I just stated to my friend Melina, I just downloaded two versions of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" : Elvis, Live in Vegas 1970, and Willie Nelson. Both versions rocked my world, and will soon find themselves climbing the list.

Saw "The Devil and Daniel Johnston," and also gaining ground are "Do You Really Love Me," and "Some Things Last a Long Time."

Extremely bummed about the Chargers. More than I care to admit. Ladanian Tomlinson, you did not fail; your team, and the city of San Diego, failed you.

I won't forget the things you did. Some things last a long time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, it's Corms. Truly amazing. I don't know how you come up with this stuff. You need your own reality show. Thanks. Post more often.

19:26  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

I am going to go track down both Elvis and Willie doing the Bridge Over Troubled Waters...oh my weekend will now be complete...what would I do without your intense pop culture insight!

Cyndi Lauper huh? I can't tell you how erotic it was to click on your itunes page and see it all there in front of me in its glory....like I was sitting at your computer with you sharing a brew. Or well, not sharing, I'm canadian, we don't share beer.

Love and hugs,
Candy

13:49  
Blogger David said...

Corms, anything I do is for the glory of B-Shakes.

Minx-

Long time, etc. I'm glad that my Lauper evokes such fire in thyself.

I'll have a molson in your honor.

14:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Hot Goddamn Carlton?

19:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on post #73. Oh wait, you haven't posted #73 yet... and it's been.... almost... a.... month... zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

10:02  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hi ya, just popping round to say hi...see things look quiet around here, can only guess at what you're up to.

Cheers
Candy

12:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home